Setting up Remote Desktop Services in High Availability requirements using session hosts and connection brokers with fslogix profile containers for an RDS per user or per device Licensing setups are being carried forward and I have the most experience with.
Following are some of the setup requirements and its troubleshooting that I have worked on and implemented.
- Implement Remote Desktop Session Host
- Add the RD Connection Broker server to the deployment and configure high availability.
- SQL database in Desktop hosting service.
- Add high availability to the RD Web and Gateway web front.
- Setup Remote Desktop Services – Access from anywhere
- Setup RD – Multi-factor authentication
- Set up the RD Gateway role
- Set up the Remote Desktop web client for your users.
- Create and deploy a RD Services collection
- Create a RD collection for desktops and apps to run.